Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Changing...

Time to look back...I love looking back through Lyra's pictures and marveling over how she's changed, in appearance and in behavior. Boy, babies sure do grow up fast....I quickly started missing the extreme cuteness of the newborn baby, while at the same time appreciating the increasing fun factor as smiles and interactivity develop.

An overview of Lyra's life, since I didn't post through most of the beginning of her life:



Day #1 of life: Unhappiness Incarnate after First Bath

Day #2: So tiny....so precious...


Day #3: A happiness-inducing burrito.

3 weeks: Delighting Auntie Tina with fake smiles

Nearly 5 weeks: Where did those chubby cheeks and that triple chin come from??


6 weeks: Hangin' with Aunt Jess

2 months: Being sweet with Daddy!

Nearly 3 months: OMG, when did I get so huge?

3+ months: All growed up in jeans and dimples!

4 months: Pretty in brown...and doing well with tummy time, finally.

Which brings us nearly to the present day, at nearly 5 months: happy clean baby (nothing better!)

...and what a journey it's been! Sure, we might have wanted to trade a sleep-deprived night or a hundred, but look what we've got now! A happy smiley baby who sleeps 12 hours a night and smiles and chuckles at her silly parents all day long. Yay! Can't wait for what else she has for us...(well, maybe I can wait a little for the running around on those chubby little legs...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.