Today, Lyra's great grandmother Harriet Steinmann passed away after a brief illness. Lyra never had the chance to meet her, and unfortunately, Great-grandma had in any case reached the point where she probably would not have understood who Lyra was to her, nor recalled her later.
I also regret not having met Bill's grandmother earlier when she was more in possession of her faculties. However, I remember passing a pleasant first visit with her the summer after I first met Bill, and being thrilled that she later remembered me and asked Bill's mom about me.
The bright spot (literally, as you can see) today was Lyra wearing her bathing suit (a gift from Grandma P) for the first time...good thing we tried it on now since despite being for "12 months" it will likely be outgrown within the next couple months. Hopefully this picture will provide a little something cheerful for family on this sad day.
We trust that Great-grandma is in a better place now, and look forward to showing Lyra pictures and the memorial video and telling her stories about her great-grandmother...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.